Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Looking at Church History through the lens of the present

Looking at Church History through the lens of the present can be a real stumbling block to some people's testimonies.  Why is that?  If the issues were brought up one at a time, they would probably be able to get past it, and find answers to satisfy them, but there are websites and podcasts that have made it their mission to bring to light the things in the past that they feel negate the beauties of the gospel in the present.  I appreciate the website https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/ which helps put the past into perspective and also helps me to see which statements made by anti-Mormon sources are true, which ones are totally false, which ones have twisted the truth to mean something different and which are simply mistakes/errors.  The articles are fully sourced so the reader can look things up for themselves and come to their own conclusions.  I am grateful for this resource to help me hold on to and build my own faith and also clear out wrong assumptions I have had.